Please note that DEFIBRILLATORS can be found on the wall of the Village Hall and on the outside wall at Care at Rainbows End, Bosworth Farm. Dialling 999 will allow a release code to be made available. Clear verbal instructions are given once the unit is started.
Shelford is a typical rural community village with a church, pub and village hall which are all well used. It is situated beside the River Trent.
Shelford means ‘place of the shallow ford’ and there has been settlement here since the Bronze Age. The village is in the Trent Valley, about 8 miles from Nottingham. Shelford is still very much a farming community with arable and mixed farming and a livery stable. There is plenty of wildlife, particularly migrating birds down near the River Trent. There is a toll ride for horses and the Trent Valley Way runs through the village.
The village has a community-owned pub, the Earl of Chesterfield Arms (for news of what's happening here please click on "Pub News" under the News and Events tab) and a Village Hall, previously the Church of England School, built in 1873 by the Earl of Carnarvon and later taken over by the Notts Education Committee, the school closed in 1964. The building belongs to the Crown Estate and was leased first to the Church and then to the Parish Council to be used as a Village Hall.
Shelford Village Hall
Village Hall Enquiries: