1. We report, with regret, that we will lose our vicar, Graeme Anderson, at the end of the year. We wish Graeme and Judy well in the new appointment in Coventry.
2. We have had it confirmed that the Saxon Cross fragment is of national significance.
3. Messy Church continues to thrive.
4. The tower repairs are complete and have been paid for through donations from the village and a number of charities.
5. Opening the church on Wednesdays in summer was a success.
6. A `Guide to Shelford Church and its History’ is now available in the church for £3.
We would like to express our sincere thanks to the following for their contributions towards the church tower repairs:
Alan Evans Memorial Trust
Alexander and Caroline Simmons Trust
AllChurches Trust Limited
Garfield Weston Foundation
National Churches Trust
Nottinghamshire Historic Churches Trust
Nottingham City Mission
Rushcliffe Borough Council
1st Sunday 10.00 am Holy Communion
We use the modern liturgy
3rd Sunday 6.30 pm Compline
A quiet, short service for the end of the day
4th Sunday 6.30 pm Evensong
A traditional service with hymns
Last Wednesday 4.00 – 6.00 pm Messy Church
held in Shelford Village Hall
Creative crafts, lively worship and a shared meal. For children and families.
Shelford Village Hall
Village Hall Enquiries: